Ryan Stivers, PhD, LMFT
CSAT, CMAT, CTT, EMDR Trained
- Adolescents & Young Adults
- Couples & Marital Therapy
- Family Issues
- Sex Addiction
- Substance Use
- Trauma Healing
- School Aged Children
- Custom Intensives (Call for Availability)
- EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Faith Based Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Individual Counseling
- Organizational Consultation
- Premarital Counseling
- Professional Services
Before launching Summit Family Therapy, I had several therapy gigs. I worked in a 90-day residential program treating substance use and trauma-related disorders in young men, a school system, a youth ranch, and an outpatient clinic. I've also worked with families and children in the DHS system and a juvenile drug court.
My experience has taught me a lot about change. What works and what doesn't work. How we get stuck, and how we find forward motion. I will work hard to understand your story and to find the best solution for you. Nothing brings me more joy than bearing witness to someone discovering his or her true self.
Every therapist has a sweet spot. I enjoy helping clients find recovery from addictions, experience healing from trauma, and walking families to deeper connections. If you're struggling in your relationships, feeling alone, or afraid of rejection, please give me a call.
When I'm off-the-clock, I enjoy spending time with my wife and two children. I probably watch too much television, and I enjoy visiting Busch Stadium now and then. In 2016, I moved to the Peoria area from Arkansas to be closer to family. My wife is from the Peoria area, and my family resides near Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- PhD in Marriage & Family Therapy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, 2012
- Master of Science in Marriage & Family Therapy, Harding University, 2008
- Bachelor of Art in Psychology, Harding University, 2006
Licensing, Training & Certifications
- Illinois Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- National Certified Counselor
- CSAT (Certified Sex Addiction Therapist)
- CMAT (Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist-Chemical Dependency)
- CTT (Certified Trauma Therapist)
- EMDR Level 2 Trained (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
I offer a couple unique services. First, I have half-day (3 hours) and full-day (6 hours) intensive sessions available. You can experience quicker therapeutic change in an intensive session rather than seeing a therapist once a week for several months. This format is great for working professionals with limited time off, or if you live outside the greater Peoria area. If you are interested in an intensive, please call me for availability. Second, I work with therapists and other helping professionals. If you are experiencing burn out, family issues, or addiction, please feel free to give me a call. I will provide a brief consultation to see how I can best serve you. Third, I can help your organization navigate and understand relational and ecological dynamics. I will provide an organizational analysis using general systems theory to assist you in meeting your organization's goals.